Just a reminder that AGM will be held this Thursday 6th November at 7.00pm in Lagan Room 3, come along and support your club
Massive well done to Swimmer of the Month -
Alex Haskins Senior National
Leah Bethel Junior National
Ellise Smith Age Group 1
Sasha McKeown Age Group 2
Eimear Mallon Development 1
Rihanna Lawlor Development 2
Amy Little Club
Please click for further meet information 2014 Irish SC Nationals Meet Conditions
Please click for further information Meet Information – Ulster Short Course Championships Nov 2014
Thank you for your continued support in fulfilling our swim Ireland requirements in providing poolside supervision and land training supervision.
Unfortunately, the past 8 weeks have seen many unsupervised slots. During this period we have had 4 relatively serious incidents, where a swimmer needed assistance and there was no parent on poolside. Consequently this will be monitored closely for the next 8 weeks.
Thank you again for your continued support
Lisburn Masters are still going strong and we have space for new members; Tuesday evenings 8.15-9.15pm (coached). Wednesday and Friday mornings 6.30-7.30am (not coached), Saturdays 8-9am (not coached). Fees for this term are £86 plus £33 Swim Ireland membership. All welcome, any queries please get in touch.
Dear Swimmers, Parents and Guardians.
From W/C 3 November the next stage of the redevelopment of the leisure centre will commence.
The current club changing room and shower area will be closed over the winter.
Following a meeting between the club secretary, Richard and centre management the following arrangements have been agreed.
- All swimmers will enter and exit the pool area via the gate beside the current swim desk.
- The swim desk will now be located on the back corridor downstairs.
- Club female changing will be signposted and be in the link corridor between the current swim desk and the back corridor.
- Club male changing will be signposted and be in the back corridor, to the right.
The leisure centre management have been very supportive in securing rooms for changing that are separate from public changing.
They cannot, however, provide any showering facilities for club swimmers that are separate from public shower facilities.
Liza and I did a walk through of the changing areas and on behalf of the club executive and following Swim Ireland guidelines for safeguarding our young people we make the following recommendations.
- Swimmers should arrive for morning training with swimwear on under clothing to avoid any use of the new club changing rooms before early morning training.
- Swimmers should avoid being alone in the back corridor and changing facilities. Where possible walk to the changing area with your squad/friends.
- For their own safety swimmers should change into dry clothing in the changing area provided and shower at home.
- Parents MUST attend for their poolside supervision allocation and sign the rota.
- Parents and swimmers should be vigilant at all times during the centre redevelopment as there will be adults other than centre users in the corridors.
- Keep all valuables with you at all times, there will be limited locker space.
We would also ask swimmers to continue to be respectful of leisure centre staff.
The staff are there to help and maintain the safety of all users, club and public.
If at any time you have any concerns regarding swimmer safety, speak to the Club Children’s Officer, Designated Person or any member of the executive.
Designated Person LCSC.
Swim Ulster Skills Camp will take place in Lakeland Forum Enniskillen 27th-31st October. Places are limited and on first come, first served basis. See below for further information
AGM will now be held Thursday 6th November 2014 at 7.00pm in Lagan 3 and all Club members are encouraged to attend.
Head Coach, Richard Gheel, will also be in attendance to outline the Season’s Programme.
The Club is managed entirely by volunteers who sit on the Club’s Executive Committee.
We are actively seeking additional members to sit on the Executive Committee during the 2015 season representing all Squads and abilities right across the Club. No previous experience is necessary and new parents/members are most welcome. Please consider getting more involved with the running of our Club.
For further information on the AGM please click here AGM-2014